Yes, life is full of fears and the only way to overcome them is to face them head on or in Susan Jeffers' words 'feel the fear and do it anyway'.
In her book she describes the many day to day fears people grapple with like leaving the house, meeting new people, leaving a boring job & how to deal with them. Here are her five truths about fear:
1. The fear will never go away as long as I continue to grow.
2. The only way to get rid of the fear of doing something is to go out... and do it.
3. The only way to feel better about myself is to go out... and do it.
4. Not only am I going to experience fear whenever I'm on unfamiliar territory, but so is everyone else.
5. Pushing through fear is less frightening than living with the underlying fear that comes from a feeling of helplessness.
So if fear is holding you back from doing something - simply go out and do it - or sign up to my free 'dealing with your fears webminar'.
To your happiness,